Monday, October 25, 2010

Gleefully in love with show choir

When I look back on my high school career, there is only one thing I truly miss; show choir.
I miss the competitions, I miss the swirly dresses and kick-butt outfits, I miss the choreography, and I miss my friends sitting in the auditorium and working on stage with me. Show choir was nothing like the popular show Glee! and it actually upsets me that people think that is what show choir is like. No, show choir is getting on a bus at 5 in the morning, your hair in curlers, waking up in a different city to compete, living for a day in a stuffy room filled with hairspray and sequins, performing on rickety risers and stages, and sitting in a gymnasium or auditorium cheering for your favorite choirs, waiting for competition results, getting back on a bus at 10 at night, and then doing it all again in two weeks. This doesn't even cover rehearsals or home performances, simply the competitions. Some people say show choir isn't a sport. And it might not be. But it sure does take a lot of time, talent and effort to have an amazing show choir. And I would know. I went to a school that had one of the top ranking show choirs in the state, not to mention the entire country. That's right, we might not have a good football team(which we really, really don't), a good baseball team, a good team really of anything, but our music program kicks booty. And we know it. Grand Central Station has ranked as high as 12th in the country. 12th. But I wasn't in GCS. I was in Central Connection. But I am okay with that. JV is still something I think to be proud of.
But what fun! I was only in show choir my senior year. But I loved it. You know how people wish to go back to a specific day or time? I would go back to our best competition. We were the only jv choir at the competition to make it into the finals! I was surrounded by friends, I looked amazing, and I was doing something I love. Bliss. So I'm going to leave you with a few pics from my time in Central Connection.

Love the gloves. So fancy! and we added bracelets and small feather boas later on.


My best friend Jenna from GCS and myself after our last performance. GCS's theme was "heaven and hell", and I love their heaven outfits, and the kick butt blue and pink tops CC wore.


No comments:

Post a Comment