Exciting news all! A certain soloist at my church will no longer be at my church. This means, I can finally be a member of the Praise Team and not deal with all the drama. She will however, still be participating in cantata this year, which so far we haven't been at the same practices, so my nerves are only shot by the one singer who can't find a pitch but God bless her, her heart is in every warbled off-key note.
I guess that's one of the things that always irritated me about the soloist. To me, it always felt like her music was a way of showing off, of being better than the people in the pews, in general, just being fake. Which, due to her song choice always led me to be fake. Because I can't get excited about the same few songs sang at the same plodding tempo. It used to be called a contemporary service, I just wanted to rock the rafters! Now, its a mixed service, whatever that means. Well, maybe it means that our numbers dwindled because the key audience should have been people like me who wanted current music, maybe with a mix of old. Do you want to hear a secret? Some of my favorite songs are the old hymn type songs, put to a modern beat and rhythm. Anyways, the point of this post is to say it is a new day, and I will be glad in it. As Michael Buble sings, "Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me... and I'm feeling good."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment