Friday, September 11, 2009

That's me...

When you pass someone in a car, do you ever notice one that is singing at the top of their lungs, hopefully to the radio?

That's me.

I'll admit that I am a radio singer, sometimes without the radio even on. And I get looks all the time. But that's fine by me, I really don't care. Because when I'm in my van, tuning into WWIB, or Eagle 102.7, and the right song comes on, you just have to burst out singing.
I'll also admit that sometiems I'm the one giving people looks, or laughing to myself when I see someone else doing the same thing. But why?
Why must we put people down because they are enjoying music? Most of the time we can't even hear them, so it's not like we're critiquing their singing skills. And yet, we have to, because it's been programmed into us. Again and again we are pushed to "be" normal, and reject those who aren't.

Next time you feel like it, burst out singing in your car. People may look, but, at least you'll be the one singing.


Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. -Luke 6:37

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me! I don't think I've sang by myself in the car (in town) for years! It's felt like years anyway! Tonight as I was driving into LaCrosse for my yoga class, I put in a newly purchased CD of a group from probably 30 years ago (Loggins and Messina) and belted out songs that I loved then and now. I didn't care if people were sitting beside me at the stop light or anything! I thought of you and your comment "people may look, but, at least you'll be the one singing". HECK YEAH! :-) I sang my heart out and it felt GREAT! Thanks Augusta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were open enough to sing. Rock On!!

    ReplyDelete