Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year

So it is the New Year, and I realized, I can not stop blogging for a long time. I just can't. I have way too many ideas to just let this sit idle.
Alright, so I'm not really refreshed. Actually, I was very angry for a very long time after I posted about a break. Which is bad.
But its the New Year, right? A time for change, a new start?
I kind of laugh at that. And resolutions. Why do we have to urge ourselves to change at a specific time? I understand, that there is no better time than the present and thus why not now. It just seems to me that way too many people break their new year's resolutions, or just brush them off. They aren't taken seriously. And with every comic strip in the paper making fun of them, why would we?
I know a lot of people who love the fact that the new year is a new start. But really, how is it a start? For me at least, each year carries into the next, the past following me, showing me the mistakes I've made, the little bits of joy, and the lessons I still haven't learned. Sure, I drop some of this baggage as memories grow faint, and a lesson is learned, but in reality, its always there. I've tried to get rid of it, but then, I reach a problem and go "What do I do now? What was that thing, that I messed up, and didn't really learn from?" So I go running back to what I tried to dump, and somehow I survive and resolve the problem.
Alright, so I sound like a pessimist, stuck in a rut.
Maybe.
But maybe not. At least I'm trying to learn from my past, to avoid those problems in the future. It has sort of worked. And I'm not giving up. Sure, I might not believe in a new start with the turning of a calendar page.
Anytime can be the time for a new start. Anytime someone can choose to change.
I just think some things aren't always new. Sometimes, they're based on and melded with something old.

No comments:

Post a Comment