I was reading an argument today about people discussing atheism and Christianity. First thing I wondered was why Christians had to get so angry and yell and swear at atheists. It seems we have been taught to be better than that. The second thing I wondered was why everyone is always having to prove or disprove something, instead of just using tolerance.
I am very naive. I will admit that, its the truth. I have some crazy ideas. I don't know a lot of things. I try, and I fail, and I get hurt easily. but knowing that, hopefully better sets the stage for what I'm going to try and say.
I have a lot of tolerance. People can have their own religions, their own beliefs. Because for the most part, they are over there, and I am over here. We live in little bubble worlds of our religion. and I don't care, what you believe, that's for you to believe, and who am I to tell you that you are wrong? I like learning about different religions, different customs. As long as these people aren't trying to convert me, or prove why they are better. I don't understand, why religions that tell their followers to do good, treat everybody equally, or things along that line, are fine with people starting fights, wars, destruction, all in the name of that religion, all to try and convert, all to prove that they are better. Christianity is right up there, sticking its tongue out as all the religions scrabble to be the best, to prove its people/followers are better. It just seems ironic, that things like this happen.
I guess, that I'm not looking for answers. I guess, I'm trying to have people pause for the tiniest fraction of a second and say,"hmm". I could argue for you right now, why I believe what I believe, and why people should believe the same thing, the whole preach and convert spiel. Except that, I don't think that that's right. We are called to spread the word, but I don't like how its being done. I can talk to those of you who are christian, tell us how to maybe lead a better life, or bring up a verse or song that might make you wonder. I just can't bring myself to argue about my faith. Its faith. We all have our own reasons for it.
The only thing we have in common, is that we believe in something. Perhaps look at that fact, the next time you feel like arguing with someone of a different faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment