The other day, my advisor came up and gave me a hug. Hugging her back, she said thanks, and that she had needed that. Which got me thinking about hugs. In their simplest form, a hug can show love, be done in happiness, or done to comfort. Between friends, family, partners... we all like a hug now and then. Think of a time when a hug was just given to you, and not thinking beforehand you wanted one, afterwards it felt really good, as if a missing piece was put in place. I think we all go through that at some point. If we think about it, a single touch can mean so much. It brings to mind a
Doctor Who episode. The Doctor is on New Earth, and cat nuns have the cure for every disease, only because they bred a new form of humans that were doused with every disease possible. When these humans are let out, they rush to try and touch another being, and when a few are cured, it is with touch that all the rest find relief from their diseases. Now, given, this is a fictitious work, but look how much a single touch, a single hug can do.
This also got me thinking about something else; about when I pray. This might sound silly, or odd, but each night, when I pray, I pray for God to give anyone in the hosptial or who are sick a hug. And I ask that those who are grieving God gives a hug. I ask He hugs my family, and that He hugs my friends. That with these hugs, people might find a little relief, that they remember someone loves them. Because for at least me, it is a good feeling to think that I am wrapped in God's arms, for that moment, completely safe. So when you are alone, or you feel down... remember, God is there with His arms open, ready to give you a hug.

No comments:
Post a Comment