Friday, November 20, 2009

God's Princess

So, I've said that I am God's little Princess. And it is true.
But I think I'd like to define that a little more.

Being God's Princess doesn't mean I'm a drama diva. (Although I can be, if I feel like it)
Rather, it means I'm living to a potential. God is the King of Kings. And I am His child. He expects a lot from me, and because He is my father, I want to live and work for all things He knows I can do.
Being God's Princess doesn't mean I wear a crown and fancy dresses. (Although, I like to do both)
Rather, it means that I have something more precious than any jewels or gowns; I have His love in my heart. He gave it to me freely, all I had to do was ask.
Being God's Princess doesn't mean I live in a castle. (Although.. nope, I don't know that I'd want to)
Rather, it means I will inherit a better kingdom than any on earth; the kingdom of Heaven. He gave his promise to me, and to everyone, that if we accept His love, we will inherit His kingdom.
Being God's Princess doesn't mean I have to wait around for a Prince. (Although I do like to see a good knight every now and then)
Rather, I already have my Prince; Jesus, the Prince of Peace. When I accepted God as my father, Jesus asked for my hand. And I know, someday my prince will come, again, just like he promised.
Being God's Princess doesn't mean I am ordinary. (Although, I have never been ordinary)
Rather, it means I have a great love, a great father, a great promise, and if I can remember it, a great potential. That to me is bigger than any crown or castle. Because I gave my heart to God, I got some very amazing gifts.
Aren't I lucky?

But being a Princess, kind of like a pagent queen, means I have a certain platform to uphold and to speak about. This means, I want to tell you that you can be a princess or prince of God too. Aren't you lucky?

Yes, I am a Princess. My Father is the King of Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment