Ooh, just look at that word, all capitalized. Seems rather frightening, doesn't it?
And it can be. Because people tend to have a short-term memory problem when it comes to some major things. I've found, thankfulness is one of those things that people tend to forget about. Deep down, I'm sure on some level, we're all THANKFUL, we just don't tend to express how grateful we are. And so, people focus on thankfulness usually one time during the year: Thanksgiving. Every media reminds us one this one day to question, "Why are you THANKFUL?". Er... for my friends and family? My house? This food? Blast it all! What is the right answer!!
Actually, the right answer can be all of these. And yet, they are all wrong. The right answer is, for everything I have survived, the happy times, the bad times, and most of all when I thanked
God. Because nothing matters, if we forget to thank the one who made everything possible.
So I issue you(and myself) a challenge: For next Thanksgiving, don't give a generic happy answer. Rather, record something(s) each month, starting now if you like, for which you were THANKFUL and during that time of thankfulness remembered to thank God. Keep that list, adding to it each month, and remembering to look at this list when you're going through a rough time. When next Thanksgiving rolls around, you will have at least 12 things to look back on and remember on what true thankfulness is.



No comments:
Post a Comment