Friday, July 30, 2010

Lost, and surprised

Remember back a few months when I posted about the solar powered key chain I have? Tuesday, I lost it. Or, at least, thats when I noticed it was missing. And so of course a huge search ensued. In all of my purses, the garage, the driveways, both houses, my van... and it was no where. I know, that its just a little beaten up old key chain, but it means a lot to me. It really is a perpetual reminder of God's love, his strength, and that I need to pray and talk with God. And it works, for me.
I really had given up hope of finding it. Really, truly, I had. I figured it was crunched in the library parking lot. (And yes, I mean the public library, and not the bar on 3rd street) But God is full of surprises. At my Recovering Christians bible study last night, when we went to open our bibles to Luke, I noticed something odd with some of the pages. I open to the troubled spot, and there was my keychain. I truly have no clue how it got there, unless I have been missing it for a week and never seemed to notice. Which strikes me as almost impossible, because I can clearly remember seeing it on Monday. So whether I didn't check my bag well after Monday, or I had been missing it for a week, the fact that I found it blinking its message of "The Lord is my strength and my shield" tucked in my Bible is one of the coolest, spookiest things to happen to me in a while.
But of course, we all know, God is full of surprises.

1 comment: