Sunday, January 23, 2011

In time

Here am I.

I stand and dream of what I can do,
but I can't move past my hurdles.

My heart beats within my chest,
trying to avoid the clawing pain, like grasping hands,
I can't breathe.

His holy face comes into view,
and still I can't move.

I cling to my little hopes,
I draw enough breath and sing,
praises and prayer ringing
in the silence of my world.
The song pulls out my last gasp of air,
I stumble and crumble to my knees.

I focus on the face,
and more swirl into sight,
my parents,
my friends,
my future self.

"You will pull through,
your dreams aren't that far,
we love you,
we're praying for you,
He loves you,
and He hears your prayers"

The air comes rushing in,
but my dreams rush out.
When may I push my hindrances aside?
When will my dreams and reality
live in harmony in my life?
When will I live a life that is mine?
When? I cry out, I scream out, When?

Panting for air,
I see the face, crying too.
"In time," He says,
and I realize,
I made it past one of the obstacles in my path.
I just need help and hope.

Here am I.

I stand and dream of what I can do,
but with help and prayer,
I'll get there,
in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment