When people ask what I do over the summer, I can without hesitation answer, "Haul drums". Its true, I help haul my dad's drums for a crazy portion of the summer. However, that's how I see most parade beginnings, (or in other words the parade up until my dad's unit). Since I do believe the groups he participates in do provide quality music, I thought I'd share some upcoming gigs and the websites for some of the groups he plays with.
First: The West Salem Adult Jazz band. Their website is: http://sites.google.com/site/westsalemadultjazzband/
This site gives a bit of a background of the band, and has a listing of their upcoming gigs. Their next two performances are July 10th at SSE Music, and then July 29th at the new band shell in Holmen.
Second: La Crosse and District Pipes and Drums. Their website is: http://www.lacrossehighlanders.net/
This has got some great old pictures of the band, a history, and contact information. (That's right, Mr. Bogart still gives free group lessons, for those interested.) While this website says that it has upcoming events, it really doesn't. However, I know the pipeband will be at Riverfest in La Crosse on July 4th, at 4:15.
Third: SSE Music. Yeah, I know, its not a band. However, its the 25th anniversary of the store this year, and July 10th they are having a huge sale, and a free drum clinic featuring Bun E. Carlos , along with some free music. (*Cough, cough, my dad's playing with two bands, cough) Check it out at www.ssemusic.com
So I hope to see some of you out and about, having a musical summer. With all the free events and concerts out there, I hope we all appreciate how much music there is to enjoy. ♫ Oh, and make sure to always thank the roadies. We appreciate it. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yes, I can say from experience...us roadies do appreciate the thanks!
ReplyDelete