Today, is one of those cloudy, wet, curl up in bed sort of days. It is, looking out of the window.
but then, I stepped outside.
Its not foggy, its just cloudy, and clouds can disappear, or they can bring rain. Its not dripping wet; there is just a dampness that clings to the emerging flowers and tree buds in little droplets. Its not the perfect day to stay in bed; its the perfect day to smell the growing grass, hear the honking geese return overhead, and watch the little flowers poke their heads out of the ground.
Its all about perspective.
Most foggy damp grey days, I grumble, I drag my feet. It just seems so dismal, especially looking out the window. but then, today, as I grabbed my keys out of my pocket, I noticed a blinking. Looking down at my collection of key chains (which, actually, outnumber my keys) I noticed one that I had gotten for my birthday. It says, "The Lord is my strength and my shield -Psalms 28:7" and it has a solar panel which makes it blink. Now, most days, when its sunny outside, or even sometimes inside with bright lights, I usually don't notice. Why would I notice when there is all this gorgeous sunshine around me? But, today, it really struck me. Even when its so cloudy, and miserable feeling, the solar panel is still getting enough light to blink. How amazing. So, even though I was running a little late, I stopped to just absorb the day. Because, if I've missed my key chain before, what else have I missed? So I heard the geese honk overhead, I spotted some flowers waking up for the spring, I smelled the growing, damp grass. What an amazing winter/spring day. It is all about perspective. Sometimes, all it takes is a key chain for us to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment