i will sing and make music with all my soul -psalm 108:1
i will sing praise to your name, o most high -psalm 9:28
to You, oh Lord, i lift up my soul -psalm 25:1
God has given me a new song in my heart -psalms 43
sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day -psalm 96:2
let everything that has breath praise the Lord -psalm 150
I love music. It is ingrained in every fiber of my being. And why shouldn't it be? We as a society are bombarded with music, in stores, TV, even greeting cards now have music in them. It all comes down to choice, though. What music do you take in? New and trendy, like Lady GaGa; classic rock, like Journey; country or bluegrass, like George Jones; world music, classical, jazz, kids, musicals....or something else? What messages are you taking in, what do you let the music you choose say?
I like a variety of music. but my favorite genre...is christian/religious. It can be new and trendy, like Mercy Me; country or bluegrass, like the Peasall sisters; world music, classical, kids, musicals, classic rock... its all there, but with a positive message.
At the top of this post, there are numerous psalms that discuss singing and praise. Look at them, and think of as many songs as you can, that have lyrics that sound suspiciously like one of these psalms. I can think of at least four. And these are not all the psalms that discuss singing praise. So much of christian music is based on these psalms, or on scripture. This means, I don't have to worry, that there might be certain words I don't want to hear, or discussion of illegal substances, or sappy love stories. Rather, they take everyday life, and mix them with a psalm, all the better to remember that we are children of God. Pretty cool, huh?
I think, I'll let another song performed/written by Rich Mullins take it from here.
"I could never tell you how much good that its gonna do you, just to sing anew, the song your heart learned to sing when He first gave His life for you. Well life goes on and so must the song. You gotta sing, again, the song born in your soul when you first gave your life to Him. Sing His praises once more, Sing your praise to the Lord"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment