Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't despair of it...

In my last few posts, I have discussed and shared some lyrics performed/written by Rich Mullins. I don't know if I could express how much I love his music. He was an incredible musician. I grew up to his music, some of the first non-hymn Christian music I can remember. But he did not just write and perform music. He also spoke about God. Here is a link to a clip from youtube of one of his conferences.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy89KTQkcQQ


It seems strange, that people who can impact others so much, are taken a little too soon. I guess thats just the way of it. But... it made for such a touching song on the final album. Recorded on a cassette tape a few days before the accident, and then blended with the Ragamuffin Band after his death, the words "and I'm going up there now, to prepare a place you see, that where I am there you may also be" are a teensy haunting. I heartily urge you to find a copy of The Jesus Record. It justs gives you a whole new outlook on quite a few things. For me, thats what all his music and words tend to do; make me just stand back and go wow.





"He chose to give you your life, don't despair of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment