Late again?! I know, I know. But, it does bring up an interesting point. Why is my blog late? Because I thought watching "Gone with the Wind" was more important. Why was it more important? What a very interesting question. I don't know. But look how often things like movies can become a priority in a person's life, over things like God. Anyway, Deuteronomy.
1)The first bit seems like a recap of the previous chapters, after the exodus from Egypt. That's okay, sometimes we all need a reminder. This repition might be due to the fact that there were four distictive texts written that were woven together to create the Torah. Thats why there often seems to be more than one version of a story in the Old Testament.
2)I found it a bit of a bummer that Moses could not cross the Jordan or enter the promised land. He did all this work, and because of a couple of events he could not enter.
3)"Do not be afraid". Wow. How many times have we heard that? "Do not be afraid". Another repeated thought in the beginning was "You didn't listen" or "You didn't trust" which is what Moses kept saying when he recounted why they wandered for forty years.
4)God is jealous. And who else has a God like that? A god that is near us, who is jealous when we don't love him. Cool, huh?
5)Moses' song was interesting. While it was put in song form to be easier to remember in years to come, it seems really long to memorize. But obviously it wasn't too long, as we still read it today.
6) Joshua will take over for Moses. Which is why the next book is Joshua. So on to Joshua.
☮ Augusta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment