So, I learned a lesson today. Being sleepy, listening to a calming CD and reading the Bible do not mix. I was almost asleep on my Bible in the chill room today. Not good. But I did read the whole book and as always, took notes.
1)Saul and Jonathan are dead. And David mourns for them.
2)Some phrases I've heard before. First: "How the mighty have fallen" 1:19. I had no clue that was in the Bible. Second: "I will become even more undignified than this" 6:22. ♫Though some may call it foolishness... Third: Here I am. As always. Fourth: Who am I? ♪ That You are mindful of me.... (All words in italics are not in the bible, but rather followed my train of thought as I read. )
3)Lots of death. I know there had been plenty of death before, but it seemed like in this book it was murder, and not foolishness or battle. Lets see, Abner is killed by David's general Joab, Ish-Bosheth is killed by Recab and brother Baanah, David had Uriah killed and thus God killed David's son, Absalom killed his brother Amnan, and Absalom was then killed by Joab. See, and that was half my notes. Well, along with why they were killed/died. Some it seemed like a good reason, others not so much.
4)The end of the book consisted of David's final words and a listing of war heroes, or his mighty men. I saw mighty men, and I thought merry men. I don't think there really is any connection there, my brain was just being random today. If I did the math right, only 56 more books to read.
Peace, Augusta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Again, I love your synopsis of the Bible! As I read what you've written I remember when I read it. Okay, you've inspired me to start taking notes too. There are so many 'aha' moments while I'm reading the Bible, but of course, if I don't document them they are gone quickly from my memory.
ReplyDeleteI know you've heard Brian's lyrics. Maybe it's because I'm 'the mom' but I LOVE it when I find the Bible verses that inspired Brian to write his songs. Every single song on Alpha Omega is somehow inspired by certain verses in the Bible.
Keep up the great work on this blog! I love it!