*Sigh*. Back to good old Tuesdays. Here are my thoughts on Judges.
1)I've said it before, and I have to say it again. Oh Israelites. What are you thinking? God makes all these promises and covenants with you, and you don't follow them. So God hands you over into the hands of your enemies. But, because God loves you, he sends judges, or leaders, to save you. And how do you repay Him? You return to your corrupted ways as soon as the judge dies. Oh Israelites.
2)I thought I'd list the judges/kings. Othniel, Ehud, Shamgar, Abimelch, Tola, Jair, Jephthah, Ibzan, Elon, Abdan and Micah. But these are not the only important people.
3) Deborah the prophetess. She is the only woman given a name in this book. Kind of cool, huh?
4)Gideon. When I hear this, I think of "Gideon, Tuba Warrior", which is a Veggietales movie. I liked how after the battle with the Midianites, neither he or his son would not rule them, but rather said the Lord would rule over them. The test with the fleece to me seems odd, but that is because it seems signs like these are not performed in today's world.
5)Samson. Who has not heard the story of Samson, where his strength came from God as long as he did not cut his hair? I had forgotten pieces though. For example, I forgot he married before Delilah. Both of his wives had some problems though, always nagging him for information to basically use against him. While Samson was strong, he really seemed an unfortunate person.
6)I just wanted to say how happy I am that I am done with seven books. And in six weeks. Its a good feeling to be accomplishing something.
Peace, Augusta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment